GE is a diversified technology; media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide.
Job Title: Accountant
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Controllership
Financial Services is a fast-growing professional services organization providing Statutory, VAT and Tax Reporting and Payroll and Small Business Services to GE businesses throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa
Small Business Services(SBS) one out of three product lines of EFS is focused in providing a customer driven compliance platform that enables GE businesses to operate in Emerging Countries with minimal local presence by providing Finance, Administration and HR services driving operational excellence, controllership and compliance of the highest level.
The Role is required to work with the Senior Accountant, to provide support for all accounting activities of the designated business units. This would include working with the teams to enhance operational excellence and drive compliance and controllership in the processes in the Center.
- Ensure the smooth operations of the accounting processes; treasury, GL, AR, AP, Payroll, T&L, closing and reporting etc.
- Support and participate in all accounting activities during the monthly/quarterly close, including the preparation of account reconciliations.
- Provide strong banking and Treasury support to the Centre
- Participate in the monthly/quarterly reporting process to HQ and the biz units.
- Manage the query resolutions from all key stake holders
- “Organizes and plans auditing schedules.
- Drive continuous process improvement in the accounting processes in the Center, including key controllership projects.
- Provide compliance and controllership
- Identify key compliance & controllership metrics and drive improvement these metrics
- 5+ years of finance experience.
- Professional Qualification, CA, CPA, CIMA/CWA
- Demonstrated ability to lead & motivate teams to achieve business goals.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skill
- Having project management & coaching experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge in AS 400 is an advantage
- Relish and stimulate change demonstrated change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence without authority and work collaboratively in a team.
- Relationship Building & Networking Skills with internal organization and customers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, high energy with strong ability to deliver results.
- Excellent computer skills
- Capable of working independently.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional and culturally diverse work group
- MUST be fluent in written and spoken English..
- Desired Characteristics Certified Green Belt
- FMP, CAS