The Surveyor will work alongside engineers and foremen carry out surveying services and collect spatial and statistical data work will involve everything from performing geographical research and compiling data topographical surveys and leveling.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed including profile drawing, topo plotting etc.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Research relevant survey plans, control marks and existing infrastructure information for projects.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties as required by the project.
- Undertake survey expeditions and works including pegging out boundaries and clearing of vegetation and debris so measurements may be taken.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Accurately complete all documentation associated with data collection and processing, and maintain design office records including registration, filing and copying of plans and contract documents.
- Planning and organising of survey expeditions, including arranging equipment, coordinating teams and applying relevant legislation and organisational requirements.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated numeracy skills to record and interpret statistics, and undertake computations.
- Demonstrated spatial skills to perform data archival and retrieval
- Demonstrated ability to complete minor projects and tasks in line with established procedures and instructions.
Deadline for submission of CV is Friday 27th April 2012.