CHF international is an international organization that has been operating in Rwanda since 2005. The USAID Ejo Heza is a five year program (2011-2016) funded by USAID under the Feed the Future initiative. The program seeks to impact the lives of 75,000 rural Rwanda populations through an integrated livelihoods approach. The programs four components are,
( a) Increase demand for financial services by addressing the demand side issues that limit the use of financial services among rural populations
(b) Increase supply of financial services – through supporting financial service providers to target and develop appropriate financial services
(c) Behavior Change and Social marketing, a cross cutting component supporting the attainment of objectives under the other components and
(d) Health and Nutrition – ensuring most vulnerable populations attain skills and knowledge that lead to greater food security and greater understanding of diet, nutrition and hygiene.
Objective of the Consultancy
USAID Ejo Heza wishes to recruit a consultant to develop a Behavior and Social Change Communication Strategy for the program around its program elements and with special focus on the programs eight districts of operation.
Scope of Work
The consultant is expected to:
- Undertake a situation analysis through a review of existing documentation and strategies including a review of past ‘best practice’ approaches to BSCC and a critical assessment of gaps, constraints and opportunities.
- Conduct Formative research to address identified gaps
- Develop draft BSCC Strategy including; Behaviour Analysis with identified behaviours to promote, Communication channel analysis, Audience analysis with a profile of the primary audience, Recommended strategic approaches and channels, An implementation Plan including coordination and partnership arrangements, M&E Plan, and Indicative Budget
- Conduct a validation workshop for CHF international and select organizations on draft BSCC strategy
- Review of strategy and inclusion of recommendations from validation meeting and finalisation of BSCC strategy.
How to apply