Datum Recruitment Services is an International Recruitment Agency which specializes in recruiting for jobs in Africa. Our group has over 30 years’
experience in recruiting for African jobs and in helping both companies and individuals build and develop careers in Africa.
Datum Recruitment Services provides Executive Search and Staffing Solutions for Middle Management and Executive Level jobs in Africa.
DESIGNATION: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER
REFERENCE ID: REQ 0220
- Review of day to day transaction for booking of cost to the respective cost center, department and divisions while authorizing the vouchers for payment.
- Review of the trial balance at the end of month and take corrective steps to enable drawing MIS from the system.
- Audit schedule for financial audit on a monthly basis.
- Internal audit report review concerning the finance & accounts department.
- Approve all sales & purchase journals.
- Sub-ledger control account tally every month for all the sub-ledgers including inventory accounts vis-a-vis respective inventory valuation from the inventory module, trial balance of creditors and debtors from the respective modules in the ERP system.
- Fixed Assets additions scrutiny and capitalization thereof.
- Outstanding liabilities review for the month and the booking thereof in the finance accounts.
- Intercompany reconciliation & corrective steps.
Overall accountability of financial accounting, banking, accounts payable/receivable, MIS, budgeting, man management, administrative activities, etc.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum 12 years experience of handling Finance & Accounts functions. Work experience in any FMCG, Pharmaceutical or manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Computer literacy with good IT skills
- Good oral and written proficiency in English.
- Good experience of working in an ERP environment like SAP, Mfg-Pro, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics systems.
- Capable of leading team including Managers and staff employees.
- Review LPOs sent by Engineering for projects and maintenance for justification & correctness in terms of accounting & approve the LPO in the ERP system.
- Accounting & marketing related Service LPOs to approve in the ERP.
- Review vendor posted invoices which are due for payment and endorse for releasing the payments.
- Confirmation of tellers for direct payments in to the bank by customers before receipts are posted.
- CREDIT NOTE AUTHORIZATION.
- Credit Limit review and authorization in the system.
- Age analysis review and bad debts provision review.
- Monthly schemes, discount and price groups update in the system.
- Daily collections & routing the cheques to the banks.
- Confirmation of Tellers of the customers to enable receipting the same.
- Review of cheques on hand on a daily basis with the control account.
- Bank reconciliation review & corrective steps.
- Review the liabilities to the banks and providing funds to meet the commitments.
- Daily cash balances to confirm with the GL.
- Clear payments in the system for all the cheques as well as direct transfers on line.
Monthly P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, working capital management reports.
Reporting the budget v/s actual variance in MIS.
Preparation of Master Budget for the Business Units.
Preparing reports quarterly to review the budget v/s actual by the Business Units.
MIN: 10 Year(s) MAX: 20 Year(s)
LOCATION: Lagos (Nigeria)
INDUSTRY TYPE: FMCG / Foods / Beverage
Functional Area: Accounting / Tax / Company Secretary / Audit/ Finance
ROLE: Chartered Accountant
HOW TO APPLY