Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is recruiting
Job Title: Clinical HIV/AIDS Advisor
JOB ID: 12-4685
CENTER/OFFICE: CLM – General
The objective of the Clinical Advisor position is to provide technical leadership and management of the Pro-ACT AIDS palliative care including management of opportunistic infections and prophylaxis, ART, TB-HIV Co-infection and PMTCT programs in a manner that strengthens integrated delivery of health services in partnership with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable HIV/AIDS prevention and control efforts.
- Spearheading the strategic design and implementation of Comprehensive Care and Treatment services including BPC, ART and TB/HIV services under the LMS-ACT project in Nigeria
- Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated Pro-ACT project plan in collaboration with the Project Director, Director Clinical Services, Associate Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
- Take lead in the development of comprehensive HIV/AIDS and TB care and treatment services.
- Take Programmatic responsibility for the functioning of the care and treatment M&E system.
- Advocate for joint TB-HIV prevention and control.
- Be part of the State capacity building and supervisory team providing inputs for quality ART and TB-HIV service delivery
- Mentor and provide technical leadership and support to the State clinical Care Specialists and related staff.
- Liaise with the NTLP and Deputy Director Operations to establish an efficient supply chain anagement system for ARVs and related drugs for management of opportunistic infections.
- Participate in activities to build additional States and health facilities to implement project activities.
- Ensure timely relevant technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Represent MSH LMS-ACT project at the federal level on matters of ART and CC&T.
- Liaise with other team members and ensure delivery of integrated service and one continuum of care
- Liaise and network with relevant LMS-ACT partners and collaborators to improve MSH’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep LMS senior management informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with Pro-ACT management to document and publish best practices.
- The successful candidate shall posses a postgraduate degree in medicine or public health with extensive experience working on HIV/AIDS treatment programs.
- Demonstrable experience in advanced ART and AIDS palliative care is a must.
- The candidate shall in addition have at least 2-years experience in program management at a senior level.
- Experience in operations research and health system strengthening shall be an added advantage.