Save the Children is the world’s leading independent child rights organisation. We’re outraged that millions of children are still denied proper healthcare, food, education and protection and we’re determined to change this.
Business Development Manager (Position based in Nairobi)
In order for Save the Children UK to be able to have the best possible donor relationships and maximize all available funding opportunities in the region, we are recruiting a Business Development Manager (BDM), to be based in East Africa.
The BDM will be our principal representative for our donors at the regional level, as well as acting as a focal point for new business development between Save the Children UK and country programmes in East Africa.
The BDM will work with country programmes to identify donor opportunities; facilitate donor engagement at country and regional levels; assist in the development of country fundraising strategies for UK donors; and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities.
The role is intended to strengthen the capacities of country programmes to raise restricted funding primarily from institutional donors.
- University degree.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in leading the development of large-scale or strategic proposals and also in leading development of project budgets greater than £1 million.
- Experience working in development or emergencies programmes in Africa.
- Experience in working with virtual teams and projects.
- Experience of working with financial and other data systems.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent budget development skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
Save the Children (UK) recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal employment opportunities and the protection of children from abuse.