The British Council invites applications from interested technology developers, designers, arts and culture festival managers / directors , branding and marketing professionals, and business analysts for participation in its Culture Shift project, themed ‘ICT for Festivals Development.’
About the project
- Culture Shift is a partnership-led, British Council-managed competitive innovation fund.
- It will provide an opportunity for emerging creatives to bypass what are often the most inhibiting factors in the progression of good ideas – access to seed funding and expert mentorship.
- Selected festival managers will work in collaboration with technology developers and designers, and business experts to create web and mobile solutions for use in festivals, and then compete for seed finance to realise the projects.
- Winning idea will receive Naira Equivalent of £5,000 and two others £1,500 each.
Software developers, designers (graphic, web and user-experience), festival managers / directors, branding and marketing professionals, and business analysts.
The project will take place in three phases:
1. Stage 1: 15th – 19th March 2012
a. 2 day Festivals Management workshop: 15th and 16th March (festival managers / directors only)
b. 3-day ‘Hackathon’: 17th, 18th and 19th March
2. Pitching for seed funding: 19th March 2012
3. Mentoring and Fruition: April – September 2012
15th and 16th March – British Council, 20 Thompson Avenue, Ikoyi, Lagos (Festival Managers / Directors only)
17th – 19th March – Co-Creation Hub (CCHub), 6th Floor, 294 Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo, Yaba, Lagos
Software Developers | Graphic Designers | Business Analysts | Branding and Marketing professionals
Interested persons should download application forms from HERE and email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday 05 March 2012
1. Have a history of and familiarity with technology tools development
2. Be willing to commit a few hours a week to the Culture Shift project, expected to last between 8 – 12 months. Applicants selected to receive the seed fund will be required to develop the final product from prototype stage.
For enquiries, call +234 1 461 5600 – 2 | Ext 4000 or email email@example.com