Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Rig Safety Officer
Department: Rig Operations
Support the HSE welfare of the rig by being highly visible on deck for the majority of the Day.
- Observe operations on a daily basis.Advise and actively assist personnel on safe working practices.Authority I
- Monitor all critical operations (routine and non-routine). Act, correct, communicate and educate where required.Authority I
- Promotes and participate in the Company THINK, START and FOCUS processes.Authority I
- Promotes awareness, education and use of COLORS and Company pyramid.Authority I
- Promotes 100% compliance, 100% of the time by all personnel onboard with Company HS&E Management System.
- Observe onboard operations on a daily basis. Advise personnel on safe working practices. Be available to monitor critical operations.Authority II
- Advises on the Permit To Work System, Risk Assessment and Risk Management.Authority II
- Assists supervisors with the planning and development of HS&E Meeting Authority I
- Participates in daily meetings with the OIM, Department Heads and Client Representative
- Authority II
- Monitors compliance of HS&E orientation and induction for all personnel Authority II
- Monitors helicopter operations on a random basis for compliance Authority II
- Assists with emergency drill planning and drill debriefs Authority II
- Carries out noise assessments and make abatement recommendations Authority II
- Monitors housekeeping in all areas Authority II
- Assist in monitoring the use and control of hazardous material in line with Company policy and local regulation Authority I
- Assist the OIM in incident investigation Authority II
- Assists the OIM and Departmental Supervisor’s with monitoring improvement opportunities and corrective actions required by internal and external HS&E audits Authority II
- Communicate all HS&E & Training matters of significance to the Supervisors, OIM and HS&E & Training Department Authority II
- Assists the OIM in the setting up and running of the HS&E Steering Committee. Is part of the HS&E Steering Committee. Authority II
- Coordinates and administers the Company HS&E & Training management systems onboard. Assists, recommends and advises the OIM, Department Supervisor’s and Crews on
- HS&E and Training matters. Provides the vital link between the HS&E & Training organizations onshore and the offshore workforce. Implements the instructions of the
- HS&E Advisor and HS&E Manager in the offshore environment. Is proactive in all matters concerning the safety and welfare of all personnel onboard.
- Meets the training requirements as per the applicable training matrix Authority I
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Preferably three years experience working on Company installation.
- Consideration may be given to candidates with three years of HS&E experience in associated industries.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and communicate effectively with non-English and English speaking crews on issues related to QHSE.
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Basic computer skills.
Definition of Decision Making Authority:
Authority I: To act.
Authority II: To act but inform supervisor and/or other interested parties.
Authority III: To obtain supervisor’s approval before acting.
Note: The above is not a complete list of duties but a guide as tasks and objectives can change on needs.