Program Associate Job in Nigeria at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves Health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and aetion in public health. We lil’c our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Job Title: Program Associate
Job ID: 12-4615
Center/Office: CHS – General
The goal of this project is to deliver care and support activities to OVC as well as palliative care. Program intervention include care and support for children affected by HIV/AIDS, paediatric home-base care, gender, stigma and discrimination and program related data collection and analysis.
The objective of the Program Associate position is to support the Chief of Party in coordinating program planning, implementation and reporting. The Program Associate will in collaboration with project staff regularly compile headquarter and field project calendars of activities, maintain a log of activity implementation status flagging areas that require action, maintain a database of activity reports and project documents, and write news and project success stories.
- Communication and Field Liaison
- Be the project communication focal person
- Liaise with field staff to prepare success stories
- Support technical staff with planning and implementation of workshops, meetings and other project related activities
- Support intern to assist the field staff in coordinating travel, logistics and project training activities
- Support TAs with preparation of project IEC materials
- Participate in trainings for OVC and Caregivers
- Keeping an up to date inventory of project property
- Update project related files with incoming and outgoing mails
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the COP
- Assist in preparation of meeting venues
- Write/Compile and distribute meeting reports
- Manage project monthly activity calendars
- Coordinate and provide logistical support for long and short-term project personnel;
- Assist with Procurement, preparing Activity Profile, Advance Request, Travel Arrangements
- Basic degree in any field with at least 2 years experience working in a dynamic Civil Society Organization.
- S/he will have strong office and organizational skills with competence to set priorities and multi-task in a time-sensitive environment.
- The candidate must be highly creative, and able to undertake complex tasks with minimal support.
- Writing and communication skills will be an added advantage.
- Team skills and comfort with computer word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software are a must.
- Agility working with electronic calendars (outlook or Google or other) and file management on networked system are an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
Apply for this job