Policy and Advocacy Manager Job at Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium
Policy and Advocacy Manager
To promote and manage Policy Development and Advocacy initiatives among member organizations and other stakeholders
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Promote members’ capacity to participate in Policy Development and Advocacy processes.
- Oversee designing, and implementation of project (s), related to policy and advocacy.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress and performance of project (s) to ensure they meet acceptable performance standard
- Co-ordinate Policy Development and Advocacy activities in KANCO.
- Promote legal and human rights issues pertaining to HIV/AIDS and health among KANCO members and other stakeholders.
Level of education:
A Masters degree in Social Sciences, or Public Health equivalent
- Computer literacy
- Training in Public Relations/ Communication & Policy Analysis.
- Policy development & Advocacy training.
- Project cycle management
- Basic skills in Human resource management.
Job experience: At least 7 years relevant experience
Salary commensurate with the experience
Application Deadline: 10th February, 2012
Applications should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium
Chaka Road off Argwings Kodhek Road
P. O Box 69866 – 00400
Nairobi – Kenya