Pharmacist Job in Nigeria at Anadach Group LLC
Anadach Group LLC is a global healthcare strategic consulting firm focusing on providing innovative advice and services to clients and partners interested in transforming healthcare systems in emerging markets and developing economies.
Job Title: Pharmacist (AC OO7)
To promote the safe and effective use of medication by working with the healthcare team to ensure the selection of the best medication at the correct dose for an appropriate duration and minimizing side effects and drug interactions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage pharmacy operations including ensuring appropriate ordering and purchasing of pharmaceutical and medical supplies, stock maintenance and ensuring proper storage and handling.
- Dispense prescribed medication to patients and provide information about drugs.
- Counsel patients and answer questions about prescribed drugs, including questions regarding possible side effects or interactions among various drugs.
- Advise physicians and other health practitioners on the selection, dosages, interactions, and side effects of medications.
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, and help prevent any prescription errors
- Develop systems to reduce possibilities of prescribing or dispensing errors
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage.
- Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
Qualifications and experience
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy and registered with the Pharmacists
- Registration Board of Nigeria (PRBN)
- At least 2 years working experience in a healthcare environment.
Key competencies and attributes
- Commitment to safety and quality of care and ability to thrive in an environment of continuous but logical and thoughtful change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Commitment to providing high quality customer services
Apply for this job