1. Procurement Officer
The Procurement Officer will report to the Procurement Manager to assist in the management and co-ordination of the procurement function to ensure efficient and effective delivery of goods, services and works for the Corporation in line with the Public Procurement Act (2005) the Public Procurement Regulations.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works and disposal of obsolete and idle assets
- Coordinating with user departments on procurement requirements;
- Preparing tender documents and maintaining procurement/disposal related documents.
- Assisting in providing technical advice and secretariat services for all procurement and disposal related committees;
- Placing and processing Local Purchase Orders Conducting supplier evaluation and rating;
- Supervising cash purchases /stores management/ inspection and issuance of goods
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce or Business related studies
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management or equivalent
- 5 years post qualification relevant experience 3 of which should be in a similar position
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High integrity
- Familiarity with public procurement guidelines and procedures
- Team player
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Reporting to the General Manager Corporate Affairs & Public Relations through the Corporate Affairs Manager, the Corporate Affairs Officer will contribute in promoting and maintaining a positive Corporate image of the corporation:-
- Preparing and circulating the calendar of events/ meetings
- Facilitating reception and protocol arrangements for the Corporation’s external visitors
- Assisting in events organization and trade fairs
- Developing communication programmes
- Designing and preparing advertisements and publications
- Updating the corporation’s website
- Carrying out internal and external research and customer satisfaction surveys
- Receiving and acting on customer complaints
- Undertaking photography and minor audio-visual technical duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication or equivalent
- 5 years post qualification relevant experience, 3 of which must have been in a similar position
- Knowledge of Web Design, Graphics and Desktop Publishing will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills
- Team Player with strong leadership skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office Computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The Clerk/Inspector of Works will be responsible to the Project Manager for the following:
- Preparation of work schemes, work estimates and bills of quantities;
- Inspection and assessment of repairs of offices and houses;
- Supervision of all maintenance works in the headquarters and the regions;
- Supervision of on-going contracts;
- Measurement and preparation of contractors payment certificates;
- Supervision of maintenance labour;
- Organizing and keeping records of all maintenance, repair and construction works carried out.
- O’ Level Div III or D PLUS Mean Grade;
- National Diploma in Construction;
- 4 years experience in supervision of building works 2 of which must be at Inspector of Works level.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Estates Assistant will report to the Estates Officer.
The position will assist in the management of the Corporation’s real estate portfolio for maximum returns.
- Implement policies and procedures to effectively manage property
- Perform a variety of administrative duties in ensuring compliance with policies and laws affecting leasing of the property.
- Regular inspection of the Corporation’s landed assets
- Ensuring prompt and effective tenant/Landlord correspondences, rent collections and site visits.
- Maintenance and updating of property/tenants records including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Provide day-to-day management of the property and maintain professional and courteous relationships with tenants and stakeholders.
- Oversee security deposit administration including inspecting units to determine resident’s balance or refund
- Assist the management with maintaining assets security measures, documenting incidents, and sending proper reports/notification to management.
- Reporting on monthly basis issues pertaining to asset/tenants administration and management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Diploma in Property Management/Maintenance or equivalent
- 2 years experience in management of both commercial and residential properties.
- Demonstrate strong multitasking, communication, organizational, and leadership skills. Proactive, creative and results oriented
- Certificate in proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate ability to read, analyze and interpret lease related documents, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to perform in a busy, multi-tasking work environment
- Ability to travel (between properties, training, errands, etc.) and work anywhere in Kenya
Kenya Railways wishes to engage fresh graduates of 2009, 2010 and 2011 from recognized universities who are interested in developing a career in the Railway industry in the following field in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
Interested applicants must have graduated with a Bachelors Degree (Upper Second class Honors) in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institution within 2009, 2010 or 2011.
5. Records Assistant
Reporting to the Records Management Officer for the effective management of the Corporation’s records and archives.
- Assisting in the development of an Efficient record keeping of the corporation
- Filling all corporation correspondence appropriately to enable easy retrieval
- Retrieving of all files when required.
- Carrying out records disposal.
- Archiving all the corporation files are necessary
- Maintaining a log of all records including archived records.
- Assisting in the management of conversion of records to alternative media/automation.
- O level Certificate of D Plus mean grade
- Certificate in Archival Science/ Records Management.
- 2 years experience in a busy environment
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form, attach their testimonials and certificates and address their applications to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
to be received by Friday 24th February, 2012.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer