Job in Nigeria, Web Designer/ Developer at Laplace Technologies Limited
Laplace Technologies Limited established in Nigeria in 2007 is the leading telecommunication engineering service company in Nigeria. Operating out of Lagos Nigeria, we also have regional presence in Ibadan, Kano, Abuja, Enugu, Port Harcourt and Accra in Ghana. We are the biggest supplier of technology services to Huawei Technologies, ranging from Radio Planning and Optimization, Telecoms Equipment engineering for Radio Access Networks, Transport Networks-Microwave & Fibre, Energy and Power Infrastructures, and Operations & Maintenance of existing network.
Job Title: Web Designer / Developer
As a part of our expansion and strategic positioning, we sourcing to hire a web strategist as a Web Designer/Developer. The candidate will be responsible for creating the look and feel of World Wide Web pages for the company’s Web site, Programming, graphic design, database administration and developing innovative, reusable Web-based tools for progressive online activism and online community building.
- Ability to convert requirements into working and maintainable software.
- Work with design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies.
- Take part in the initial planning of a Web site, discuss ideas for the layout and organization of the site, the types of colors or images to use (photos, illustrations, videos, etc.), and other matters concerning overall graphic design. In this case it is the web designer’s task to create a design that matches the company’s ideas
- Work with teams to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the Content Management System.
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building.
Skills / Competencies:
- 2 years Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP
- 2 year experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Should be comfortable working with a variety of operating systems such as Windows, Macintosh, and Unix
- Strong skills in Corel Draw, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Paint Shop Pro as well as knowledge of Flash, XML-based web applications and programming, XHTML programming or equivalent application(s),
- A good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and new developments in graphics software packages as well as those in the World Wide Web and related technologies.
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Passion for software development primarily with open source technologies.
- Fast learning skills and effective information acquisition strategies.
- Creative visualization, critical thinking, inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Collaborative coordination and time management.
- Capacity to work under pressure while observing high quality standards.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Fluency in English language.
- Professional Qualification
- Relevant Certifications to include:
- Microsoft ASP.net
- Sun Certification for Java
- CIW Certification for Web Developer
- Macromedia MX Certifications
- Zend Certification for PHP
- BSc in Computer Science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience Years of Experience: 3-5 years in Active Web Design & Programming
Submit Updated CV to email@example.com
Please note that CV should include references to previous projects that can be assessed online.
Application Closes: 28th February 2012