Position:Internal Audit Officer – Financial Processes
Location: Headquarters-Kampala Road Industrial Area
Reporting to: Internal Audit Coordinator / Information Systems Auditor
- To prepare a work program for assigned engagement and conduct the relevant reviews
- To evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls over reviewed activities and processes
- To determine whether organizational units are performing their planning, accounting, risk management, or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures and in a manner consistent with both organizational objectives and high standards of administrative practice
- To plan and execute engagements in accordance with professional standards and the internal audit plan
- To report engagement observations and to make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations and reducing cost
- To perform special reviews and investigations at the request of management
- Determine the engagement procedures to be used, including statistical sampling and the use of information technology
- Understand or identify the key control points of the various systems and processes to enhance value adding audits
- Evaluate a system’s effectiveness through the application of knowledge of business systems, including financial, manufacturing, engineering, procurement and other operations and an understanding of engagement techniques
- Perform the engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved engagement work program
- Make oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the engagement, discussing observations and recommending corrective action to improve operations and reduce costs
- Appraise the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions
- Ensure responses to audit reports are received, reviewed and followed up
- To carry out any other tasks as requested by the Internal Audit Coordinator/Internal Audit Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Management or related field
- A qualified professional with CPA (K) or ACCA
- At least 3 years financial auditing experience particularly in the service industry.
- Knowledge and experience of CAATs.
- Required Skills and Competencies
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Good understanding of concept of enterprise risk management
- Computer literacy and familiarity with business application packages
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements are encouraged to send their hard copy application with clear reference of the job code on the envelope, detailed CV, names and contact of 3 referees, one of whom must be a former employer, copies of certificates, testimonials, current telephone number and email address on or before March 5 , 2012 to the address indicated below.
Human Capital Advisory Services
The Kenya Institute of Management
P.O Box 43706 00100,
The Kenya Institute of management
2nd floor, Luther Plaza
Uhuru Highway/Nyerere Rd Roundabout
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Nairobi City Water & Sewerage Company (NCWSC) is an equal opportunity employer.