Location: Long-Term, Kigali, Rwanda
Chemonics international is seeking resumes for a DCOP / senior technical advisor for a potential USAID-funded program which aims to strengthen institutional capacity of organizations to produce high quality research on land related issues and strengthen understanding of land law and policy among citizens and government throughout Rwanda.
- Minimum Master’s degree in Law (LLB required, LLM preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in providing technical assistance in implementing land-related justice management or rural programs and related governance, institutional strengthening, and reform activities.
- Demonstrated experience with Rwandan government and other partners in land-related justice-sector reform issues.
- Prior experience as a Team Leader for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in Rwanda or other countries in the region
- Ability to negotiate with a range of stakeholders from high level government officials and municipalities to civil society and the private sector.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible supervisory experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to hold staff accountable for performance and results
- Fluency in English and French required. Kinyarwanda proficiency is desired but not required.
Please send CVs and cover letters to RwandaLAND@gmail.com