The USAID supported Malaria Action Programme for States (MAPS), is a 5 year project which is expected to take on the USAID mandate of improving malaria control at scale in seven states. Activities in the MAPS project has commenced in the six Nigerian States namely; Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Nasarawa, Oyo and Zamfara.
Job Title: State Management Capacity Building Officer
The Management Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for working with stakeholders at the State and LGA levels to strengthen capacity in Management to effectively address malaria prevention and control in Nigeria.
S/he will work with the State level MAPS team and the federal level capacity building MAPS team to ensure the achievement of key program outputs.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all Management Capacity Building activities carried out in each state and relating to malaria prevention and control in Nigeria.
- Ensure the State and LGA stakeholders and organizations play leading roles in planning, conducting and supervising malaria prevention and control activities related to management systems
- Assist partners to undertake a thorough assessment of gaps in Management systems with regards to malaria prevention at the State and LGA levels and for both rural and urban facilities.
- Provide strategic leadership at State levels to Program as it regards all issues relating to capacity building of Management for malaria prevention and control.
- Assist the State Malaria Control program to develop effective harmonization of all malaria control activities at State levels relating to capacity building in management systems
- A post-graduate degree in Public Health or other related disciplines in health or medical sciences.
- S/he must have an extensive experience and knowledge of Public Health, policy development and health systems reforms in Nigeria.
- S/he must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Capacity Building, Management in Public Health. A previous management experience in Health service delivery and Primary Health care in Nigeria.
- A good knowledge of Capacity Building tools, malaria prevention and control in Nigeria or other African countries.
- An excellent hands-on knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel is very essential, knowledge of HMIS, DHIS, EPidata and EpiInfo is also desirable.
To apply for this post, please email a covering letter addressing your suitability for the post and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote the job title in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 20 January 2012