Overall Purpose of the Job:
The retail manager, will be responsible for running a chain of retail outlets. This could mean anything from a large supermarket to a small independent store. The principal responsibility of the retail manager will be handling and overseeing all the day-to-day processes that are carried out in the stores.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build strong client base through effective promotional marketing by setting up promotional displays and materials Present new marketing strategies to widen audience reach
- Approve visual store displays, prints and TV ads
- Create store presentations, ideas, and concept to successfully promote store merchandises
- Promoting the organization locally by liaising with newspapers and the clients in general
- Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits.
- Implement marketing plans and effective store strategies to improve sales
- Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues;
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing;
- Initiating changes to improve the business.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Responding to customer complaints and comments.
- Engaging with the clients on the floor regularly
- Review visual merchandising of the store on regular basis and make changes according to change in environment and customer feedback.
- Make special arrangements to strategically display certain goods within the store to attract customer.
- Prepare visual merchandising strategy & Plan.
- Spearhead in-store promotion to boost sales.
- Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control.
- Setting up control systems for data analysis and forward planning.
- Oversee inventory management
- Managing and motivating the team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Dealing with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development;
- In conjunction with the HR manager, resolving health and safety, legal and security issues
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 10th January 2012.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.