Job Title: PROJECT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT- FULL TIME- AD/1/57/12- (CAVS)
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Administrative Assistant will be required to, among
- Liaise with the University Finance Department (Grants Office) on financial reports, project
- accounting and related records
- Track all Project expenditures and ensure timely submission of quarterly reports to the
- Colorado State University through the University of Nairobi Grants office
- Assist in day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing and filing, updating and
- preparing minutes during project meetings.
- Assist in maintaining close contacts with project partners, and other collaborators through
- regular contacts, collection and collation of information
- Tracking and working on incoming and outgoing documents, drafting letters, organizing
- meetings, and fieldwork.
- Supporting all the travel activities including travel booking requests and expense claims for
- project staff, and other related visitors
- Assisting with the organization and administration of all project-related training courses,
workshops, meetings, and conference calls.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Kenya Accountants technician Certificate I & II or equivalent qualifications
- Experience working as a General office assistant including co-ordination of field study
- Minimum of 3 years administrative support and office management experience in a busy
- private sector and multi-cultural environment
Project External Advertisement-
- Demonstrable experience in organizing meetings, conferences and workshops
- Good teamwork, interpersonal, communication and multi-cultural skills
- Well-developed computer skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Multi-tasking skills, with ability to co-ordinate, prioritize, organize workload, meet deadlines
- and work under pressure
- Capacity to take initiative, demonstrate good judgment, and work under minimal supervision
Terms of engagement:
This will be an 18 months contract. The successful candidate will be based
at the Center’s office at the Kabete Campus, and should be able to fill this position immediately.
NB: The Center is an equal opportunity employer and female as well as persons from pastoralist
communities are encouraged to apply.
This will be an 18 month contract and the successful candidate will be expected to take up the
position immediately. The Center is an equal opportunity employer and female as well as persons
from pastoral communities are encouraged to apply.
1. Applicants for academic posts (AC) should forward ten (10) should forward ten (10)
copies of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of
certificates and C.Vs giving details of their qualifications, experience, research activities
and publications they appear in. Applicants for non-academic posts (AD) should submit
seven (7) of the above supporting documents and applications letter.
2. In both cases, applications and related documents should be forwarded through the
applicants’ heads of departments and applicants should state their current designations
and salaries and other benefits attached to those designations. They should quote post
reference codes as shown for each posts in the advertisement.
3. Applications should be addressed as per the codes below:-
CAVS The Principal,
College of Agriculture& Veterinary Sciences,
P.O Box 30197-00100,Nairobi.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 10th February 2012.