The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, leading, and implementing procurement, planning, and logistics processes to ensure timely availability of quality and optimal cost of raw materials, finished products and services to support achievement of company objectives
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing and deploying the procurement strategy and policies through appropriate plans
- Implementing the strategic selection of suppliers and monitoring their performance to maximize quality, service and cost
- Developing and managing supplier relationships
- Bench marking and implementing professional best practice policies and procedures in procurement to achieve cost reduction
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards
- Training, motivating and evaluating departmental staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Ensure compliance with inventory holding levels internally.
- Examining the procurement processes and taking remedial measures for cost reduction
- Overseeing the tendering process from bid document preparation to contracting.
- Identification of reliable sources of supply and ensuring that the flow of materials remains unhampered.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills as he has to maintain very good relationships with different sets of people.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field from a recognized University
- Higher Diploma in purchasing and supplies management will be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge in Accounting
- Registered KISM Member.
- Modern Supply Chain Management
- Experience in Overseas Sourcing
- Wide experience ( 5 years and above) in procurement and sourcing in a busy organization
- Familiar with Instruments of relevant government legislations and requirements regulating and Governing imports.
- Experience in manufacturing industry will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified applicants who wish to be considered for the positions are invited to direct their applications, stating the position they are applying for in the subject line to: - email@example.com
So as to be received latest by 13th January ,2012 attaching a detailed CV stating your age, education, professional qualifications, experience, current remuneration, names, telephone and e- mail contacts of three referees.