Mercy USA Senior Finance Officer Vacancy Announcement in Kenya
Senior Finance Officer
Duty Station: Kenya National Office
Duration: 1 year, possibility of extension
No. of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 8th January 2012
Availability: Immediate, interviews shall be short listed as we receive them
Providing financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Maintain accounting/internal control systems and recommend policies and procedures.
- Assuring accuracy of accounting Data.
- Performing internal auditing for Mercy USA.
- Prepare, maintain and update the fixed asset register.
- Follow up with Logistics regarding the in-kind donation materials and agreements.
- Substantiate financial transactions by confirming all supporting documentation.
- Liaising with External auditors.
- Prepare financial reports for collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information for all projects.
- Performing reconciliations for all banks and cash accounts.
- Maintain payroll both in soft and hard copies.
- Ensuring Interbank transfers are done accurately and reconciled on monthly basis.
- Keep custody, understand and implement grant agreements/contracts.
- Build the capacity of Sub offices by undertaking training needs analysis and organizing trainings for finance staff.
- Provide day to day support to the sub offices
- Carry out other duties as required and requested by the Regional Finance Manger
- University degree in Bachelor of Commerce Accounting option or other business related field with extensive experience in financial management.
- Holder of CPA 2 minimum.
- Hands on experience with quick books and other financial software.
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Experience of management/supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous work experience, ideally with non-governmental organizations would be an advantage.
- Good written and spoken English and local language is essential.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Mercy USA.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and actions
All Applications and Curriculum Vitae should be sent to email@example.com by close of business January 8th 2012.
Applications shall be reviewed on receipt