Reporting to the Chief Designer, the incumbent will be responsible for making up news and feature pages for the Star.
- Ensure an efficient and seamless turn around time for page layouts while maintaining a high level of creativity in implementing the editor’s brief.
- Book all received pages with the Chief Designer
- Ensure close working relationship with editors and the revise team and seamlessly implement any changes while ensuring that the newspaper deadlines are met.
- Research, develop and continuously improve the layout design in line with the template and the Star’s objectives
- Source for new ideas, trends and design strategies to improve the quality of output
- Leverage on innovation and technology to develop designs that are unique and meet required guidelines.
- Degree in graphic design or related field
- At least one year’s work experience in a similar position
- Interested candidates who do not have a degree but hold a diploma in design and rich experience in the field are encouraged to apply
- A highly creative individual
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a keen eye for detail
- A high degree of flexibility with seasoned coordinating skills
- Impeccable personal integrity
- Great attitude with excellent team spirit
- A passion for constant improvement in artistic abilities
- Ability to embrace and learn new design and production software technologies
- Advanced conceptualization abilities
Applications clearly indicating position reference and current remuneration should be addressed to the Group Human Resource Manager together with the designer’s portfolio and dropped off at Lion Place, 2nd Floor, off Waiyaki Way, so as to reach us by 18th January 2012.
Please include your daytime telephone number and names and contact addresses of 3 professional referees.
Any application received without the designer’s portfolio will be disqualified.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.