JOB TITLE: Information Security Manager
The main purpose for this role is to ensure that the Bank’s information and ICT assets are accessible and secured against any breaches and that our standards, policies, processes, controls and business continuity plans support this at all times so as to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability and auditability.
The successful applicant will be responsible for this areas:
- Develop, implement and review the ICT information security policy and procedures against best practice and industry standards.
- Monitor the bank’s compliance with the ICT information security policies and procedures and manage the implementation of any corrective actions.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities within the bank to create information security awareness.
- Serve as the proactive internal information security consultant including advising on regulatory issues and perceived risks and possible mitigations.
- Perform information security risk assessments to ensure the integrity and security of the Bank’s systems and network is maintained.
- Develop, implement and monitor the bank’s ICT business continuity plans and ensure all necessary remedial action is undertaken.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An IT related degree from a recognized institution
- Possession of a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and/or, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH).
- Have at least 4 years’ of progressive experience in information security that includes:-
- Experience in development and implementation of relevant policies
- Experience in penetration and vulnerability testing
- Experience in network management, database management, banking systems and other business applications
- Knowledge of and experience in the financial services industry will be an added advantage
- Strong understanding of Information Systems, operating practices and operating systems security
- Understanding of application development
- Ability to use vulnerability testing tools
- Have good presentation and communicate skills both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills and ability to objectively assess risk
- Have the ability to make prompt decisions and be independent in problem solving
- Ability to identify alternative solutions and business opportunities so as to improve the Bank’s risk profile
- Have passion and commitment to excellence, and unquestionable integrity
To apply, please send your application letter and detailed CV to:
Director, Change & Strategy
P.O. Box 30088 GPO 00100 Nairobi.
Applications should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com on or before 3rd February 2012.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted