FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Country Director, Nigeria.
Job Title: Country Director
Req ID: 2313
As Country Director
- Provides leadership, ensures quality and oversees all FHI 360 operations in the country and manages the FHI 360 portfolio.
- Manages the country office and sub offices (if applicable). Oversees all functions of these offices, including program, technical, finance, contracts and grants, and human resources, and ensures that they are consistent with FHI 360’s policies and procedures, and utilize relevant FHI 360 systems.
- Manages the FHI 360 country portfolio and provides operational support to all FHI 360 projects in the country.
- Provides operational support for global or regional projects in collaboration with PHP or research.
- Ensures that the FHI 360 country office has systems and access to skills to ensure the quality of the FHI 360 portfolio.
- Represents and has a broad understanding of FHI 360’s research and public health programs.
- For countries with multiple projects, serve as operations supervisor for all FHI 360 project directors in country ensuring projects are cost efficient; liaises with assigned technical supervisors to provide ongoing supervision and performance assessments for project directors and assigned staff.
- Develops and monitors the country-level strategic plan in support of FHI 360’s global strategic plan, and in collaboration with FHI 360’s External Relations group.
- As a member of FHI 360’s Global Operations Team, works closely with the Senior Director of Global Operations and representatives of the FHI 360 Public Health Program (PHP), Research, External Relations and Global Shared Services (GSS) groups to further FHI 360’s strategic objectives, and to access organizational resources in support of the country program.
- Represents FHI 360 with US and local government, donors, and partners; attends meetings and makes presentations on behalf of FHI 360 in the country.
- Leads business development and resource development efforts in country in close collaboration with PHP, Research and External Relations.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Senior Director, Global Operations.
As Project Director for specified projects
- Ensures the achievement of high quality results for which FHI 360 is responsible under agreement(s) with the donor(s).
- Ensures that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate monitoring of programs, projects, and subprojects (as applicable) to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Oversees production of timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to FHI 360, and donors as required.
- Ensures program quality according to FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- BS/BA and 13-15 years relevant experience with international development programs and includes 7-9 years of supervisory experience, overseas field experience required;
- MS/MA and 11-13 years relevant experience with international development programs and includes 7-9 years of supervisory experience, overseas field experience required;
- PhD/MD and 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs and includes 7-9 years of supervisory experience, overseas field experience required.
Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.