Plant / Mechanical Technician at Ragati Tea Factory Job in Kenya
Ragati Tea Factory Co. Ltd
is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic and self motivated person to fill the following vacant position:
Plant / Mechanical Technician
Reporting to the Factory Unit Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:-
- Maintaining a comprehensive preventive maintenance schedule for the entire factory unit and its fleet of vehicles;
- Allocating duties and supervising both machinery and fleet maintenance teams;
- Diagnosing faults and ensuring timely repairs of the factory machinery, equipment and its fleet of vehicles;
- Requisitioning and verifying of quality spares ordered both for machinery and fleet maintenance;
- Writing technical reports on plant and fleet maintenance;
- Timely scheduling of statutory maintenance and repairs of both steam boilers and diesel generators;
- Installation and commissioning of new machinery.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications, skills & experience:-
- ‘O’ Level Division II or KCSE ‘C’ Plain or above;
- Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Plant Option) from a recognized institution;
- At least five (5) years experience gained in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the tea industry;
- Computer literacy.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements for this job are requested to send their applications accompanied with detailed CVs, copies of testimonials/certificates, names and addresses of at least three (3) referees to the address below to reach not later than 23rd December 2011.
Factory Unit Manager,
Ragati Tea Factory Co. Ltd,
P. O. Box 790,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.