The selected candidate will be part of the Logistics department in Juba, South Sudan.
In close collaboration with the logistics team of the health structures ¡n the projects and Juba base, the Electrician shall ensures the adequacy, quality and safety of the electrical installations in all MSF facilities and will be under the supervision of the Deputy Logistics Coordinator.
Main Objectives of the Position:
- Make the necessary expertise to complete inventory of electrical installation in MSF-B South Sudan mission (offices, hospitals and health structures, houses…)
- Recommendation and execute critical rehabilitation tasks, and perform regular checks and identify potential problems
- Together with the Log project/base team establish project documents for completion and definitive conformed installations (plans, list of materials…)
- Identify local technical actors and organize their participation in the project – training of technical staff, relation with local companies, contractors and suppliers, quotations, contracts…
- Carry out the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation
- Improve the conditions of equipments, giving the sense of responsibility to users
- Ensure adequate (quantity and quality) supply of energy to the projects through different sources (city power, generators, solar panels,…)
- Organize the technical services in charge of electrical installations and equipments (technical teams, maintenance and reparation procedures, tooling and accessories, workshop, technical stock)
- Plan and supervise the electrical activities of the log helper in Juba and those in the field
- Coach / train MSF log team, focusing on the log helpers
- Manage, follow up the orders and supervise the stock of electrical material
- Support the mechanical team for the maintenance, repairs and the functioning of the generators
- Any other additional duties given by the supervisor in order to allow the project to function efficiently
- Trained electrician with experience in similar position
- Willingness to learn and understand MSF policies & procedures and from MSF technical referents.
- Able to speak English, Arabic would be an asset
- Flexible, Honest and Autonomous
- Ability to work in a team and with people of different cultural backgrounds
Qualified candidates are requested to send their application including letter of motivation, CV, Nationality ID, copy of diplomas & references and a mobile phone number, before 5pm on 6th January 2012 to:
The Human Resource Coordinator
MSF-Belgium, South Sudan Mission
P.O. Box 38897-00623, Nairobi
Email : email@example.com
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all applications will remain the property of MSF-B.
Note : This position is open for South Sudanese Nationals. The successful candidate will be provided with the national employees salary package, which does not include accommodation.
MSF ¡s an equal opportunity employer