M-KOPA Kenya is seeking proposals from consultants (individuals or companies) with expertise in installation, configuration and customization of the Asterisk PBX system for their customer care call center.
This call center solution is core to our customer centric business, and we seek to implement it in January 2012.
M-KOPA (M = mobile; KOPA = to borrow) is a new mobile venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. Our mission is to help Kenyans acquire productive assets through simple and secure mobile technology.
Following successful product trials with customers in 2011, M-KOPA is preparing for commercial launch in 2012.
The following is an indication of what we would like to achieve with our Asterisk installation. This list is not exhaustive, though it should be noted that apart from Computer Telephony Integration, we will be pursuing a standard Asterisk installation.
- Support for one E1 line and several mobile lines connected via a GSM gateway.
- Support for both soft phones and SIP phones.
- Dynamic and mobile extension numbers for different agents.
- The installation should be implemented in a way that will enable and facilitate Computer Telephony Integration with third party systems such as our CRM system.
- Allow record of Busy and Out of Hours Messages amongst other configurable messages.
- Support for call logging, monitoring and recording.
- Support call hunting e.g. whereby incoming calls are directed to agents that have been idle for the longest time.
Candidates must meet the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with VoIP networking and implementation of the Asterisk PBX systems in production environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) for Asterisk in order to facilitate integration with third party systems.
- Must be available to implement the solution in the month of January 2012 at our offices in Kilimani.
The following is the process that M-KOPA project team will follow in reviewing and approving proposals, as well as preliminary information on the process that will take place once a proposal is selected.
1. Consultant to send a concise proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 7th December 2011. This proposal should outline the relevant technical qualifications and a financial proposal for the initial installation. The proposal should also provide options for future maintenance and support accompanied by an SLA for the same.
2. Once reviewed, one or more of the consultants will be shortlisted and contacted for further discussion.
3. We will base our selection mostly on competitive qualifications and cost.
4. The successful candidate will begin work in January 2012.