KCA University is a dynamic private business university committed to quality service and ethical practices.
KCA University invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
1. Procurement Manager
To plan, execute and finalize purchasing and procurement strategies for technology spend across the institution.
Responsible for timely sourcing and distribution of goods and services to support the business and ensure compliance with the Institutions’ policy and procedures as well as Public Procurement & Disposal act, standards
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop procurement policies and procedures to stream line and direct the procurement function and ensuring effective implementation of the same;
- Identify strategic markets and sources of supplies including the establishing and maintaining of sustainable business relations between the University and all suppliers;
- Manage and direct the acquisitions process both local and international including gathering
- Information and preparing proposals for consideration and approval by the University Tender Committee
- Oversee the University stores and the internal distribution activities to ensure timely response to customer requirements;
- Manage and direct the collection, analysis and storage of all important information and data relating to procurement and generate the relevant reports for decision making, auditing or any other relevant use;
- Control purchase of goods and services to ensure compliance with the Public Procurement & Disposal Act and Regulations;
- Coordinate vendor selections and reviews, developing favorable contract agreement in liaison with University Legal Counsel and resolving delivery and billing problems;
- Secretary of the procurement committee;
- Obtain resources, quotations/bids and secure competitive bids for high value purchases;
- Ensure maintenance, review and administration of suppliers’ database, assigned categories and product codes;
- Liaise with Heads of Department to develop and implement annual procurement plans;
- Organize and coordinate market price surveys and benchmarking for goods and services to ensure competitive purchases;
- Monitor and Evaluate suppliers;
- Provide leadership to the procurement team and monitor their performance;
- Facilitate the preparation and submission of purchase order contracts and close-out arrangement with Finance Department;
- Develop and maintain budget;
- Develop risk management framework for the department;
- Represent the department institution in various forums
- Masters degree in a business related field from a recognized institution
- Professional qualification in procurement
- 9 to 10 years relevant work experience five of which should be at a supervisory level.
- Experience in an educational institution is preferred
- Prior experience guiding a unit / others doing similar work;
- Accounting background will be an added advantage
- Ability to supervise a team and deliver well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Time management skills and attention to detail;
- Good report writing skills;
- Public relations and service delivery skills;
- Team player;
- Ability to work under intense pressure with minimum supervision; and
- Excellent negotiation skills.
Purpose of the Job:
To plan, organize, direct, conduct and supervise a wide range of training and development programs for faculty and staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop a training strategy for the University staff
- Design and develop annual training and development programmes based on both the organization’s and individual needs.
- Develop and manage the annual training budget
- Liaise closely with the Senior DVC – Academic Affairs on the training of faculty
- Establish an in-house employee training system that addresses the University’s training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation, management development and the measurement of training impact and training on transfer
- Facilitate various trainings as well as conducting training logistics such as availing of training materials, transportation and employee handbooks
- Manage the learning and professional development of the University’s staff which includes performance management & appraisals, performance development plans, acting appointments, training and job enrichment and succession planning.
- Conduct and identify training needs through various training needs analysis methods such job analysis, appraisal schemes, recommendations and regular consultation with the respective heads of departments.
- Develop and establish a coaching and mentoring culture in the University.
- Ensure that the statutory training requirements are met as well as liaising with Directorate of Industrial Training for training refunds.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Monitor and advise managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the University. Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Secretary to the Staff Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee
- University degree in Business or Social Sciences or related field
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations
- MBA an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 7 years experience on the job of which 3 must be in mgt/supervisory level
- Good interpersonal, communication and self-management skills
- High levels of confidentiality
- Objective and independent minded
- Ability to work independently as well as a team
- Attention to detail and a good sense of procedures
- ICT tools proficiency in the processing of information and communication
Implement purchasing policy and strategy, co-ordinate purchasing practices and to maximize savings and benefits available to the University from purchasing activities
Duties and responsibilities:
- Solicit for offers, quotation and bids;
- Prepare monthly Purchasing reports;
- Communicate to the users on the status of their requisition through requisition status report;
- Negotiate contracts for low value goods;
- Ensure safe custody (filing & maintenance) of purchasing records for purchasing requirements;
- Monitor the value on LPO commitment to avoid overstocking and to providing monthly reports on LPO commitment;
- Guide users on developing technical specification and suggesting alternatives;
- Participate in the tendering process;
- Carry out suppliers evaluations;
- Prepare documents for prequalification, analysis and registration of Supplier;
- Ensure all the orders are faxed or delivered to the suppliers to suppliers on time;
- Participate in stocktaking, reconciliation and variance explanation; and
- Forward invoices and the necessary documents to Finance department for payment
- Bachelors degree in a business related field from a recognized university
- Professional qualifications in Procurement
- 3 to 4 years work experience in a busy environment
- Computer literacy;
- Team playing skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Communication and analytical skills
To ensure all new and existing staff have the necessary documents and facilities to enable them to carry out their work effectively.
Management of day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office including administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support in recruitment and selection activities and employees orientation
- Support in training activities by identifying training needs for Kisumu staff both short and long term and prepare a report to the HR Nairobi office for consideration.
- Manage Performance managements process for the Centre as required
- Manage the HRIMIS (ERP)
- Manage expatriates employees at the Centre with respect to the following areas; visa and work permit assistance, accommodation, and transfers/transportation
- Proper Management and maintenance of staff record at the centre
- Coordinate and manage attachment and internship process as per the policy
- Management payroll information for both full time and part time at the Centre
- Reconcile the timetabling information with the payroll on a monthly basis
- Educate staff on the HR Policies and Procedures
- Provide Centre information on staff for the HR department homepage
- Prepare monthly report on staff matters to HRD Nairobi
- General Human Resource Administration that include but not limited to: leave management, contract renewals and issuance of letters to new contract staff, management of staff personnel records
- Monitoring of employee absenteeism, sick off and daily related employee welfare
- Ensuring that the Centre complies with the relevant statutory requirements like NSSF, NHIF, KRA, RBA, DIT, DOSH, HELB etc
- In liaison with Head Office conduct surveys on benefits and compensation, climate survey etc
- Management employee relations and engagement and develop superior workforce.
- Development of an employee-oriented Centre culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the HR Director from time to time.
- Bachelors degree in a business related field from a recognized institution
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
- 3 to 4 years work experience with at least 1 year in a similar capacity level in a busy environment
- Good organization, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to guide others / Assistants doing similar work;
- Good analytical skills;
- Conflict resolution skills;
To ensure all new and existing staff in the department have the necessary documents and facilities to enable them carry their work effectively.
Ensure staff issues are dealt with promptly and feedback given.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate the administrative functions of the HR office and provide effective executive level support to the Director of HR.
- Co-ordinate and organize internal and external meetings, including HR team meetings, and short term trainings.
- Provide general office support services; draft and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communication including letters of introduction of staff to various institutions.
- Assist in the recruitment process i.e receiving applications of various positions as advertised, compiling summary of the shortlisted candidates, organizing for the interview venue etc.
- Update in the intranet phone directory in conjunction with the Administration department for any resignations, transfers, change of designations and new recruited staff;
- Update the staff list for resignations, transfers, exchanges, change of designation and new staff;
- Ensure that enquiries in HR office are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- Follow-up on performance appraisals and ensure they are done on time as scheduled
- Secretary to the departmental meetings
- Manage and alert the HRD/HRM on confirmations, expiry of contracts etc
- Prepare and manage contracts for Part time/Contract lecturers as advised by the HRD/HRM
- Coordinate the exit/clearing process of staff who resign or their services terminated
- Manage staff welfare initiatives and assist in staff benefits management
- Assist in the planning of the annual budget and monitor expenditures.
- Assist in Performance Management process
- Maintain confidentiality as you are carrying out your duties
- Manage and maintain filing system
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources from a recognized institution
- Bachelors Degree will an added advantage
- 1 to 2 years prior experience in a similar job in a busy environment
- Good record keeping skills;
- Well developed verbal, written and communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Change agility (flexible);
- High level of confidentiality;
- Ability to meet deadlines; and
- Computer literacy and familiarity to manage a HRIS system
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Good personal organizational skills
The job holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive and cost effective security system to ensure maximum protection of the University’s assets and employees.
- Advising the management on the security requirements for the university and developing sound security policies and procedures.
- Directing and controlling security operations within and around the University premises and ensure that students and staff are safe even beyond the gates to the stage.
- Guiding and working closely with the out-sourced security service provider to ensure effective security for the institution.
- Managing any internal investigations and acting as liaison officer with all other interested parties both internal and external including the police, regulators and auditors.
- Identifying security risks and evaluating alternative ways of addressing them
- Improving security surveillance, detection and prevention of crime in liaison with the police and other security agencies
- Ensuring effective deployment and utilization of guards and equipment
- Coordinating with appropriate law enforcement agencies to identify and facilitate investigative actions.
- Evaluating new technology based security solutions
- Preparing and managing the security budget.
- Maintaining comprehensive records of all investigations findings and action plan among other responsibilities.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in criminology from a recognized university/or
- Postgraduate diploma in relevant field and a minimum of 10 years experience
- Must have been in disciplined forces having attained the rank of an Inspector of Police or higher
- A proven track record in Fraud Investigations.
- At least 10 years security management experience in a reputable organization
- Be of unquestionable integrity and have excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to multitask organized and meet timelines.
- Must be a team player.
- Computer literate.
A competitive package will be offered for the right candidates.
However, Performance based package (including performance bonuses/commission) will be structured for the right candidate for ICAD positions.
How to apply
Interested candidates that meets the above requirements should submit an application indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV, and 3 work references including expected remuneration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received not later than 2nd December, 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
The Director, Human Resources,
P.O Box 56808-00200,