Deloitte Consulting’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments and donor agencies to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective economic governance and private sector growth since 1988. Deloitte has had a strong presence in Sub-Saharan Africa in recent years, engaging in over 70 projects in the region on issues that range from agriculture to capacity-building to health issues.
About the Chief of Party (CoP) position:
Deloitte is currently looking for a CoP for an anticipated USAID Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) program in Rwanda. The goal of the program is to increase overall performance of target Government of Rwanda (GOR) institutions and Rwanda civil society organizations in a manner that fosters sustainability and improves Rwanda’s overall development outcomes. It is a five-year program, expected to begin in the first part of 2012. The position will be based in Kigali.
Candidates should be senior level executives with a proven history in managing HICD programs in countries with cultural and economic situations similar to Rwanda. The CoP will provide overall strategic, managerial and technical direction for the project to help ensure its success, identify issues and risks, and suggest program adjustments during implementation in a timely manner. The CoP will be responsible for the entire program and its results, and will be required to work with various stakeholders, including high level government and USAID officials.
Requirements for CoP:
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in human and institutional capacity development
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing large, multi-year USAID funded project
- Advanced degree in a development-related field
- Demonstrated experience in implementing government institutional and civil society strengthening programs and management
- In-depth knowledge of USAID programmatic, compliance and reporting requirements
- Certified Performance Technologist (CPT), Human Performance Improvement (HPI) or other relevant certifications
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English
- French language skills preferred
- Previous experience working in Rwanda and/or post-conflict affected countries strongly preferred. This position is offered subject to award and funding.
Qualified candidates please submit your CV with a cover letter by email using apply button below. No telephone calls please.
Deloitte is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate all responses, but due to expected high volumes, we will only contact those applicants whose qualifications best match the position requirements.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2012Interested Candidates In Rwanda Should Apply Here>>>>>>>>