Nigerian Bottling Company Plc (a Coca-Cola Hellenic Company) is the authorized bottler of Coca- Cola products and the leading producer of Alcohol-Free beverages in Nigeria with a workforce of over 5,000 people.
Nigerian Bottling Company Plc is one of the few multinational organizations that had its beginnings in Nigeria. From a small family owned operation at inception, we have grown to become the predominant bottler of alcohol-free beverages in Nigeria, responsible for the manufacture and sale of over 33 different Coca-Cola brands.
Job Title: Senior Demand Planner
Role: Senior Demand Planner
Functional Area: Commercial
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and key accounts to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Key Accounts to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Chain Planning team in developing inventory strategies on existing SKUs, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate trade interventions/customer action plans with supply chain planning team.
- Designing and generating weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports relating and measuring the impact of forecast accuracy
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, ensuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with Regional Commercial Direcotrs, Key Account Manager, Channel marketing Managers, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals.
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Procurement, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Manufacturing, and IT).
- B.Sc./HND in Statistcis/Bisuness Administration/Marketing and Social Sciences or other related disciplines.
- MBA qualification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experience 3 of which must be at managerial level in an FMCG environment.
Desired Candidate Profile
Strong analytical abilities Strong knowledge of demand planning process within FMCG Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, manufacturing and supply chain issues Good communication and Team building skills Detail oriented Extreme accuracy Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities Ability to lead cross-functionally Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory
Application Closing Date is 29th December, 2011