VVOB is recruiting an Accountant for its programmes in Rwanda.
An agreement of cooperation between the Government of Rwanda (GoR) and the Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) has been signed to focus on the improvement of quality of education in the field of capacity development in formal education and vocational training.
In line with the above, through the implementation of our programmes within the Rwandan Education Board (REB) and the Workforce Development Authority (WDA), we support the mission of the Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) to transform the Rwandan citizen into skilled human capital for socio-economic development of the country by ensuring equitable access to quality education.
We are currently seeking applications from well qualified and self motivated persons to fill the position of an accountant, who will be in charge of all financial related matters as described below under “Major Duties and Responsibilities”. He/she will report to the VVOB Programme Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the VVOB accounting and financial standards are met:
- Manage cash flows;
- Bank and Cash reconciliation;
- Ensure that procedures of VVOB financial handbook are implemented to maintain proper accountability of expenditures and provide assistance and advice to other VVOB financial personnel;
- Liaise with financial department in HQ;
- Prepare accounts for annual audit;
- Work with local auditors and assist VVOB Brussels with Financial audit during field visits;
- Assist when needed during head quarters’ DGD audits;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are timely and properly recorded in Navision including their supporting documentation;
- Provide updated financial overview for management meetings;
- Participate in management meetings when requested;
- Help in budget reallocation and financial planning;
- Check inventory registers (fixed assets);
- Provide support in the preparation of budgets and fund requests
- Ensure legal financial compliance.
The minimum qualification and experience required for the accountant is as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce/Business Administration (Accounting option). Full professional accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA would be an added value.
- At least 2 years relevant continuous work experience in a busy finance department.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of financial reports and financial analysis.
- Hands on experience with double bookkeeping and preferably familiar with multi-user accounting software. Knowledge of NAVISION is definitely a plus.
- High integrity, strong result orientation and spirit of initiative.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- A dynamic work environment in an international context.
- An interesting job with many responsibilities.
- Attractive salary and secondary benefits.
STARTING DATE: January 2nd, 2011
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should submit their motivation letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to VVOB’s Programme Manager, PO Box 3776 Kigali, physical address: 1, Boulevard de l’Umuganda, Kacyiru (Printex Building) or by email using apply button below not later than 15th December 2011, 4:00 PM.
The interview and written test will be held on 29th December 2011.
VVOB Programme ManagerInterested Candidates in Rwanda Should Apply Here>>>