Operating in more than 165 markets with over 20,000 employees, Tetra Pak believes in responsible industry leadership, creating profitable growth in harmony with good corporate citizenship and a sustainable approach to business.
We work closely with our suppliers and customers on preferred processing and packaging solutions to provide convenient, innovative and environmentally sound products to millions of people worldwide.
Field Service Engineer – Several Positions
The duties of this job require a very high degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy.
Drive, determination and a self disciplined approach to achieving results are necessary.
The job environment is structured and job expectations are clear. The job requires specialized technical problem solving, ingenuity, integrity and quality within approved organizational systems and technology.
Scope of the Job
The jobholder who will report to the Field Service Manager, will work directly with customers on maximizing system performance of all packaging and processing equipment installed base through our Technical Sales and Services (TSS) portfolio offerings.
He/She will also support the growth of the packaging business in partnership with the sales team on existing installed base and project execution during project installation phase and implementation.
- Install commission and automate packaging equipment.
- De-installation of processing, packaging and Distribution Equipment system.
- Troubles-shoot and resolve machine and equipment malfunctions.
- Carry out planned and breakdown maintenance service on processing and filling machines both locally and abroad.
- Audit customer equipment and recommend corrective measures such as replacement of worn out parts.
- Carry out machine upgrades to match technological changes.
- Trouble- shoot problems at customers’ premises as regards product spoilage and packaging material complaints.
- Initiate sales of equipment and equipment spare parts to customers.
- Train customers’ technical personnel and machine operators on the use of Tetra Pak equipment and general dairy technology-during installation, basic operation instructions
- Train Field Service Quality Assurance personnel on quality assurance (on the job).
- De-install processing, packaging and Distribution Equipment system.
- 3-5 years experience in mechanical and electrical and/or maintenance of industrial equipment and other related capital equipment maintenance involving all levels of complexity including trouble shooting of the above
- Knowledge of PLC programming and electrical trouble shooting is necessary
- Work experience in a liquid food’, chemical, beverage or brewery processing systems installation and service (will be an added advantage).
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical.
- Computer Knowledge with practical use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Excel.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical/technological skills
- Results-oriented & good team player
- Ready to travel intensively locally or abroad
If you think you match the above requirements, please send us your application with an up-to-date curriculum vitae, citing your current remuneration package, to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tetra Pak Limited
P.O.Box 78340, 00507, Nairobi
or email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 7th January 2012.
Any incidence of canvassing will lead to a candidate’s disqualification.
Only short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
Tetra Pak is an Equal Opportunity Employer