Number: 067-2011 Date: 11/3/2011
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
POSITION TITLE: Financial Analyst/Audit Specialist
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, Office of Financial Management
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-11 (Ugshs. 67,623,871 to 97,517,009 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified Ugandan to fill the position of Financial Analyst/Audit Specialist.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Serves as the Financial Analyst/Audit Specialist within the USAID/Uganda’s Financial Analyst (FA) and Accounting Section of the Office of Financial Management. As Financial Analyst/Audit Specialist, the incumbent directs and coordinates the audit function of the USAID/Uganda Mission. The Financial Analyst/Audit Specialist performs all functions related to the management and development of the audit program for all Strategic Objectives, including the coordination of program audits, and audit training activities for USAID/Uganda’s partner organizations.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education Required: Possession of a Master’s degree and/or CPA in accounting, finance, or business administration is required.
2. Work Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in professional financial analysis, budgeting, auditing and/or accounting; preferably with an international development organization, is required.
3. Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English language.
4. Knowledge: Applicants must have thorough knowledge of professional accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology, as well as the principles and accepted practices of Ugandan governmental and business institutions with regards to finance, accounting, budgeting and reporting.
5. Skills and Abilities: Applicants must possess strong interpersonal skills. Computer literacy in word processing using Microsoft, and spreadsheets is required. S/he must have the ability to develop and maintain contacts with high level officials of host country implementing institutions, in particular to be able to obtain necessary financial data. The applicant must have excellent analytical ability to be able to make use of this data, assess its reliability and value, and detect the financial strengths and weaknesses of projects. Must be able to make independent judgments regarding the institution capabilities and the adequacy of accounting systems and controls. Must be able to present facts and recommendations in a clear, concise manner, both orally and in writing.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) A completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174);
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
1. By mail:
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Ggaba Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
2. By Fax:
0414-341-863 – ATTENTION: HR
3. Or by e-mail:
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: November 16, 2011
CONT: Ronald Edwards
EXO: Edward Michalski
HRO: Stephanie Arnold