Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Senior Tax Administration Advisor for a $90-$95 million dollar USAID-funded program located in Juba, Southern Sudan. The program will provide technical assistance to the Government of South Sudan (GoSS) through the adoption and implementation of sound economic policies, laws, and improved public financial management.
Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is a U.S. incorporated international development company providing technical assistance and training to improve health outcomes, governance and economic growth, as well as direct supply chain services. CA-USA is part of the Crown Agents international group, which works for the public and private sectors in more than 100 countries, as well as for international donors and development institutions. Crown Agents has over 1,000 employees in more than 35 countries.
The project will focus on fiscal affairs including budgeting, tax, procurement, monetary policy, central bank operations, oil management, and management of investment policies. The GoSS institutions to be supported will be the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MOFEP), the Bank of Southern Sudan (BoSS), the Ministry of Energy and Minerals, amongst other key government institutions and agencies. Capacity-building will be an important feature throughout this new activity.
- Assist MoFEP in developing tax policies, regulations, and administrative controls
- Assess tax administration program performance and design legislation to align with international best practices
- Assess tax administration data and develop reports to inform policy development and program adjustments
- Develop manuals, curricula, and training programs to improve performance and standardize revenue authority functions
- Masters Degree or higher in Tax Administration or relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years or more experience in a senior management level tax role
- Experience with tax reform in developing countries required
- Experience and knowledge working in South Sudan preferred; related post-conflict knowledge and/or experience considered
- Prior and/or current experience working on a USAID funded project preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a post conflict environment
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA and local labor law as applicable. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department at ADArequests@crownagents.com. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.