he Aga Khan Foundation is a private non-denominational development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to problems that impede social development. AKF East Africa has innovative and expanding programmes in education, health, rural development and civil society enhancement. A Multi-Input Area Development (MIAD) programme is being developed as a new and exciting approach that integrates interventions across social, economic and cultural investments. The MIAD is being piloted in Southern Tanzania to improve the quality of life of rural populations through sustainable interventions to promote income generation, food security and increased access to quality health, education and financial services.
The Country Manager will be based in Dar es Salaam and report to the AKF EA Regional Chief Executive Officer. S/he will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the exciting programme portfolio, resource mobilisation, strategic partnerships and effective implementation in Tanzania. S/he will also oversee country based operations staff including finance, administration, IT and properties.
- Ensure that the programme portfolio is effectively implemented, monitored and evaluated through strong leadership and coordination across all programmes and sectors.
- Ensure efficient grants management, contracts compliance and high quality impact of all programmes.
- Work with AKF EA Regional Leadership to develop goals, strategies and plans for strategic development of programmes across all sectors.
- Coordinate with AKDN agencies on the development and implementation of the MIAD in Southern Tanzania and other programmes in Tanzania.
- Form strong relationships with existing and potential donors to secure adequate resources.
- Engage proactively with government and stakeholders to credibly represent the Aga Khan Foundation and its sister agencies as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- To achieve success in this challenging role the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Over 10 years’ experience in International Development, Tanzanian experience is an added advantage. Direct technical experience in establishing an effective multi-sectoral area based programme with social, cultural and economic interventions.
- Knowledge of the context in Tanzania including government systems, legal and fiscal policies.
- Ability to work with a network of stakeholders, building strong relationships to leverage partnerships and resources.
- Strong analytical skills to plan and drive programme results that achieve strategic objectives
- Excellent communication, inter-personal skills and leadership skills to inspire a diverse team to deliver their best.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their applications with CVs, including three references, and a covering letter explaining why they are best suited for this senior position by 15th November, 2011 to the Regional Human Resources Manager, Aga Khan Foundation East Africa by email using apply button below.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The Aga Khan Foundation is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network