GE Nigeria is recruiting GE Security & Crisis Management (SCM) Senior Regional Security Director
Job Title: GE Senior SCM Regional Director
Job Number: 1457829
Business: GE Global Growth & Operations
Business Segment: Global Growth & Operations – Africa
Career Level: Experienced
Function: Business Management
Function Segment: Executive Management
Location: IIkoyi – Lagos
Relocation Assistance Yes
The GE Senior SCM Regional Director will act as the senior Regional Security Director (RSD) responsible for providing front line supervision, coordination and mentorship regarding the activities of a designated number of RSDs within the Senior RSD’ s geographic area of responsibility. Note: a Senior RSD’s area encompasses a continent, or a large sub-continent, where active leadership of the region’s Security and Crisis Management leaders creates significant operational advantages.
- Identifies, hires and scopes responsibilities for local and regional Security talent in collaboration with CEO
- Solid line manager of Regional Security Managers within region of responsibility
- Ensure a coordinated, comprehensive regional response to all crises; functional expert proactively building, maintaining, validating and leveraging the Crisis Management process for region CEOs; meeting, exceeding GE SCM requirements
- Ensure standardization of regional SCM procedures: Crisis Management (CM), Investigations, travel security, audits, evacuation planning, SCM drills and exercises, reporting of metrics
- Ensure all Corporate SCM policy, Goals & Objectives, strategic & tactical processes are communicated, prioritized & operationalized in the region; special attention to be given to high threat facilities
- Leader for all cross-regional & cross-business SCM activity; provide support, coordination, expertise & advice to RSDs and Business RSDs in the region
- Conducts all required International Security Reviews in region; report out to regional CEO & GG&O CSO
- Conduct reviews of RSD vendor contracts & services to ensure compliance with GE standards relating to contract scope & due diligence, intelligence overview, security & CM support
- Cover gaps in RSD SCM support to the region caused by work & non-work related absences
- Leverage regional SCM capacity by leading the development, maintenance & growth of a Regional Security Council that includes all RSDs, Business RSDs, IT Security, CP&SO, CM Leaders
- Mentor RSDs and drive a closer strategic working relationship between RSDs and their regional CEOs, IT Security Leaders, HR, BD, Legal, Business RSDs and employees with security responsibilities
- Drives expansion for RSDs of regional law enforcement/intelligence contacts in order to provide CEOs with critical strategic and tactical information relating to incidents or issues that may impact the security of GE employees and/or operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred. Concentration in management, criminal justice, law enforcement technology, intelligence or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8-12 years of experience in law enforcement, security or intelligence for governmental agencies or major multinational corporations.
- Extensive experience in managing and conducting international security operations including physical security, investigations, personal protection and crisis management.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams. Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deliver results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Additional languages an asset.
Job Segments: Business Manager, Compliance, Corporate Security, Criminal Justice, Legal, Management, Manager, Regional Manager, Security