The BBC World Service Trust in Nigeria, the BBC’s international development charity which tackle poverty, human rights and health issues through creative use of the media is seeking to recruit experienced individuals who will join the Team based in Abuja on a new project. The project aims to address and improve the numerous health challenges plaguing women and children in our society through media development activities which will be designed to boost the capacity of media partners in the focal states to serve the public interest.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the management and implementation of complex donor funded projects, including logframes and deliverables.
- Strong editorial judgement and substantial radio production experience. Proven ability to analyse and critically evaluate editorial content, identifying strengths and weaknesses in programme content and driving constant improvement in output.
- Possess strong oral, written communication, presentation skills and be proficient in the use of relevant information technology packages.
- Demonstrate commitment to media and development in West Africa. Thorough understanding of the best practices in project implementation and media training, understanding of the Nigerian media industry and the use of communication to build long term development solutions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities, Social Sciences or any related field.
- A masters degree will be an added advantage.