The BBC World Service Trust in Nigeria, the BBC’s international development charity which tackle poverty, human rights and health issues through creative use of the media is seeking to recruit experienced individuals who will join the Team based in Abuja on a new project. The project aims to address and improve the numerous health challenges plaguing women and children in our society through media development activities which will be designed to boost the capacity of media partners in the focal states to serve the public interest.
The positions are in Abuja based but may involve travelling to the local states in Nigeria and the contract duration is expected to be one year, with a six month probation period. Salary will be based on experience but does not include moving or relocation allowance to duty station.
Job Title: Senior Research Officer (Quantitative)
Support the effective design, co-ordination and administration of research for all the trust projects (e.g mass media, health, government and livelihood) comprising if baseline studies (e.g surveys), process research and impact evaluation
To be primarily responsible for quantitative research activities conducted by the trust and undertake the conduct of all research sampling, questionnaire design and data analysis when required
Oversee the supervision of research work of other team members as determine by the head of unit
- Strong quantitative research skills (sampling and survey design, data management and analysis using SPSS questionnaire design etc)
- Experience supervising and running field research teams, for quantitative studies as well as quantitative studies
- Ability to speak and write one or more of the following Nigerian language Hausa, Yoruba and/or Igbo
- Good IT skills, including MS word, excel and powerpoint
- A good first degree in health sciences, behavioral sciences, the social sciences or the humanities
- Master degree in any of the discipline above will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please send in their application with an introduction letter stating capability and motivation on why they like the job, a detailed curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) not later than 10th November 2011 to the
Head of HR/Administration,
BBC World service Trust,
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(word document please) with the position applied for clearly stated.