MTN Nigeria is recruiting for Banking Services Advisor
Job Title: Banking Services Advisor
- Monitor bank tariffs and price book for bank charges.
- Collate and analyse data on cash movements, bank charges, interest rates, exchange rate movements, placements.
- Monitor sweeps from the various sub accounts to main accounts for compliance
- Set up and manage MTN bank accounts
- Ensure credit interest is properly computed and applied as agreed by the various banks every month.
- Ensure that escalated compliance issues and complaints relating to the Banking services are followed up.
- Monitor and report on the quality of banking services by banks
- Review banking service level agreements(SLA) in line with changes in the banking environment
- Obtain and cascade feedback/recommendation from banks on service issues and standards
- Conduct first level review and recommendation of bank proposals before further review by Treasury Manager.
- Query and verify all General Ledger balances relating to bank accounts
- Liaise with MTNN banks on immediate service issues
- Advise on banking products strictly with relevance to MTNN business.
- Identify banking service gaps across business units that interface with banks
- Maintain Treasury records and audit trail in strict compliance to MTNN policies and procedures.
- Implement Treasury policies, processes, and procedures
- Provide banking reports for year-end audit as relates to Treasury
- Provide support to management staff within the department as required
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation meeting
Job Conditions: Normal MTN N working conditions. Extended working hours as may be required
Reporting To: Banking & Treasury Manager
- A first degree or HND Diploma in Accounting, Economics or any Finance related discipline.
- A full qualification/membership in a professional accounting association (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ACT, CFA)
- 4 years work experience including:
- At least 2 years experience in a financial environment in treasury, banking
- Familiarity with good accounting practices and the Nigerian policy environment.
- Extensive bank reconciliation experience
- Audit, compliance and/or internal control experience
- Knowledge of banking processes and products.
- Customer service or performance management experience will be an added advantage
Employment Status: Permanent
A first degree or HND Diploma in Accounting, Economics or any Finance related discipline.
A full qualification/membership in a professional accounting association (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ACT, CFA)
This vacancy expires on November 2, 2011