The successful candidate will implement and support all procurement activities related to construction, drilling, consultancies and Trainings and any other procurement related activities as may be delegated by supervisor from time to time in compliance with PLAN Uganda’s policies and procedures. She/he will be responsible for the timely delivery and quality procurement planning according to the objectives and approach leading to procurement and satisfaction of project stakeholders. Reporting to the Administration Manager, his/her Key Result Areas will be:
1. Take a lead role in the solicitation of bid documents and evaluation of submitted proposals/bids using a preagreed criterion.
2. Work closely with the WASH specialist and retainer engineers to draft and prepare bid documents and develop BOQs for installation of RWHTs, drilling projects and construction Projects.
3. Prepare contracts for construction projects, drilling/ sifting projects, consultancies (baselines, evaluations, KAP surveys, action research etc) and trainings for supervisor’s and final approval
4. Develop and manage a data base for profiles and expertise of diverse consultants and trainers that Plan can use from time to time.
5. Working with respective personnel to develop a schedule to monitor and track on-going constructions, drillings and consultancy works and flag any issues that require redress
6. Draw up, coordinate and maintain a schedule of independent engineer’s visit to construction projects to ensure that supervision is carried out as per the agreed supervision work-plan
7. Prepare requests for payments for contractors and consultants based on evaluation report and audited/ measured quantities and maintain updated files of completed procurements
8. Prepare and maintain a retention schedule that capture
active retentions related to construction and drilling and flag retentions due for payments
9. Prepare updates to share with key staff to show progress on constructions, drilling, consultancies and trainings on
a monthly basis or and whenever requested
Essential Skills and Competencies:
• A bachelor degree in Procurement or another business related degree. will be of added advantage
• An MSC in Procurement or CIPS qualification will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 3years working experience in a similar position in a reputable institution, preferably an NGO
• Experienced in micro soft office applications i.e. excel, word, and access
• Should be familiar with standard procurement guidelines like the PPDA
• Experience in construction management
• Strong conceptual skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal closesupport from the supervisor
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent written and analytical skills
Suitably qualified candidates should submit only electronic copies of not more than 2MB and their application letter with a CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of additional relevant certificates, names and contact details of three referees, plus salary history addressed to:
The People & Culture Manager,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Not later than 10th November, 2011.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 9th December, 2011. As a child centered development organization, Plan strives to ensure that children are kept safe in all the areas we operate. The organization further has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign. Potential candidates will be required to provide information confirming whether or not they have ever been convicted of any child abuse crimes.