ARK is an international charity whose purpose is to transform children’s lives and was established in 2002. Our work focuses on health, education and child protection. ARK currently has programmes in the UK, US, India, Romania, Zambia, Uganda, Mozambique and soon to be Zimbabwe.
PEAS-Uganda is an education NGO, which aims to ‘unlock the potential of Africa by delivering equal access to affordable, quality secondary education’. PEAS founds and develops low-fee, self-sustaining schools where they are needed most.
ARK-PEAS and PEAS are opening new schools that provide cost effective, high quality education in rural areas to those children who need it the most. Strong business and people managers with experience in Secondary School Education and Leadership are needed to work in new roles in these new schools: Director, Head Teacher and Head of Studies for ARK-PEAS schools in Namutumba and Mayuge Districts, Eastern Uganda and Director and Head Teacher for PEAS Uganda schools in Kasese and Kabarole Districts, Western Uganda respectively.
3 Head of Studies- start date December 2011
Reporting to the Head Teacher;
The role exists to maintain and foster key strategies that promote excellence in the quality of the education and enhance the standing of the school.
The individuals we seek for the above role match the following profile He/she;
• Able to drive high performance expectations for student’s education outcomes
• Capable of delivering on agreed curriculum
• Able to co-ordinate and resource school exams and produce exam timetables, invigilation rotas and external school assessments
• Up to date with changes in educational theory and subject requirements
• Plays a top level role in ensuring the successful implementation of subject policies and schemes of work
• Able to oversee the subject coordinators’ monitoring of students’ work
• Can ensure that appropriate education targets are set to match the individual needs of pupils
• Able to monitor and evaluate standards through assessment result analysis and by tracking individual and cohort progress
• Plays a role in organizing and attending academic parents meetings Able to teach approximately a 50% proportion of the timetable
• Can act in ways that are principled and built upon a clear set of personal values
• Passionate about making a positive difference to school children
• Ability to take actions with the best interest of school children
* Bachelors Degree in Education, Leadership or Curriculum Development or related field
Salary: – USD/month
How to apply:
Interested persons who fully meet the above specifications are invited to apply to The Human Resource and Administration Manager PEAS Uganda P.O BOX 23301k Kampala
Plot 2881, Block 216, Kisaasi, Mumbejja Road Opposite Ndere Centre. Kampala, Deadline for applications: 9a.mThursday, 3rd November, 2011. ‘Female candidates are encouraged to apply