Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects, both in Kampala and other parts of the country including SURE and STRIDES.
SURE (Securing Ugandans’ Right to Essential Medicines) will ensure that the population of Uganda has access to adequate quantities of good quality essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) by strengthening the national essential medicines and health commodities supply system.
STRIDES for Family Health strengthens the capacity of the health system in fifteen (15) selected districts in Uganda to make them fully functional and able to deliver quality integrated reproductive health/family planning (RH/FP) and child survival (CS) services to the people in need of these services.
MSH now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions in the SURE and STRIDES projects:
1. Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist • Kampala- SURE Program
• Works with the Chief of Party (CoP) and the Technical Advisors to ensure that the appropriate program implementation, performance management plans (PMP), and program indicators are developed and implemented. S/he also ensures that the PMPs are adequately responsive to the requirements of USG agencies and the Government of Uganda
• Responsible for the annual planning process, and monitoring of performance and achievement to ensure that the approved work plan is adhered to
• Supports the Ministry of Health and other relevant stakeholders to establish adequate national supply chain indicators and works with the program District Computerization Coordinator to ensure that developed information system tools adequately capture these indicators
• Oversees the analysis, interpretation and tracking of all program data
• S/he is in charge of the compilation of the monthly, quarterly and annual program reports
• Assists in the design and implementation of impact assessments in regards to pharmaceutical and supply chain management and in addition, supports the planning and implementation of the midterm review
• Provide and organize M&E training to national Medicines Management Supervisors and project staff to ensure quality data collection, validation, transmittal, analysis, and the use of data for planning, decision making and timely reporting
• Capture lessons learned and best practices, documentation and dissemination of information, assists developing presentations, abstracts, articles, etc.
1) Master’s degree in public health, demography, statistics or related , field, or 5 years of equivalent experience in monitoring and ‘evaluation
2) Experience in evaluation design, development of indicators and data analysis with proven record in monitoring and evaluation
3) Experience in development of Performance Monitoring Plans
4) Demonstrated knowledge and experience with USAID M&E procedures and practices and logistic and supply chain management indicators
5) Familiarity with supply chain concepts and pharmaceutical/logistic indicators
6) Capacity building/training experience is a plus
7) Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications and statistical packages such as Microsoft Project, SPSS, Epi Info, etc
8) Ability to work in a fast-paced teamwork environment to meet required deadlines and to keep team members on schedule/tasks to the approved work plan
9) Excellent communication and presentation skills
How to apply
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess Ann Drive, P. 0. Box 71419, Kampala Email: HRUG@msh.org
Deadline for submission: September 30, 2011. We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates