Sandvik Mining and Construction Nigeria Ltd is a Company that markets a broad range of products and services utilized in the mining industry and are in the ownership of Sandvik AB, a company listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (NIGERIA)
- Carry out general mechanical and electrical duties including maintenance. repairs and fault diagnosis work on Sandvik Mining and Construction heavy-duty trackless and fixed plant equipment whilst maintaining availability and minimizing cost.
- Perform mechanical maintenance and some electrical (low voltage) as directed to a standard that maintains the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise safe operation;
- Responsible for safe work environment by contributing to Job Safety analysis, engineering technical standards, facility standards and work practices;
- Perform Repair and fault finding using hydraulic and electric schematics.
- Provide relevant feed back to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity.
- Work towards achieving set KPl’s;
- Adhere to all SMC Policies & Procedures especially the SHERQ policies.
- Carry out all work in accordance to set budgets and time frames.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
ø Technician qualification in a’ mechanical or electrical discipline with experience in heavy-duty trackless equipment.
ø Extensive knowledge of Mobile and fixed Plant Cwshers
ø Knowledge ofTH drill rigs would be an advantage;
ø Excellent communication and presentation skills.
ø Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and provide guidance to members of the team;
ø Some level of computer literacy would be an advantage
Rostered shift work may be required. Would also be required to work at or from other SMC sites across West Africa. .
In order to qualify for this position, an employee need to have completed at least ten years service in their current role.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Suitable applicants can send their CV’s and application form by email to: email@example.com or by’ post: SMC Nigeria Limited, The Golden Gate, Plot 1994 Mombassa Street, Wuse Zone 5. Abuja
Deadline: October 11, 2011