General Manager:Broron Telecom in Lagos
Industry ICT / Telecommunications
Specialization Telecommunications and Executive / Top Management
Minimum Qualification HND
Minimum Experience 5 Year(s)
Application Deadline 2011-10-20
Broron Oil & Gas Limited (BOGL) is one of a group of companies, known as Broron Group based in Lagos, Nigeria of which Broron Telecom is a subsidiary.
Job Position: General Manager
- Champion the formulation, implementation and periodic review and update of strategies and plans organization-wide in order to achieve maximum returns on Investment minimizes the cost of doing business, promote a positive image of the company and above all, ensure sustenance and continuity of the company’s operations.
- Provide overall strategic leadership, direction and guidance for the company’s Operations and activities.
- Champion the development and maintenance of desired organizational culture, Values and reputation with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory /official bodies and all stakeholders.
Key Performance indicators
- Percentage achievement of organizational mission / vision.
- Business performance against industry benchmarks.
- Budget performance level vs. previous year’s budget performance.
- Percentage of strategic programmed / projects that are completed on time and on budget.
- Effectiveness of internal control mechanisms.
- Staff attrition rate.
- Champion the development of Broron Telecom corporate strategy and ensure linkage With Group strategy.
- Coordinate the implementation of Broron Telecom business strategies and plans in order To maximize shareholder returns as well as optimize other stakeholder interests.
- Coordinate and ensure the integration of Broron Telecom corporate strategy with its organizational structure and resources (human, material and information) to Facilitate the achievement of corporate goals and objectives.
- Identify critical cross-functional interdependencies within the company and other functions within the Group and forge effective linkages to ensure a concerted/seamless implementation of the Group’s and Broron Telecom business Strategies
- Provide oversight to functional heads in the formulation of their detailed departmental plans as well as in the discharge of their day-to-day activities to ensure compliance with established policies as well as relevant regulatory/statutory requirements.
- Manage the company interface with relevant regulatory authorities and external Auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Define and agree targets, monitor and evaluate the performance of Functional Heads on a timely basis.
- Drive the implementation of strategic human resource initiatives including performance and reward management, career planning and succession on Management, in order to attract and retain high caliber of staff in the company.
- Oversee the management of financial resources to ensure that the working capital and long-term financing needs of Broron Telecom are adequately addressed in support of Its operations and activities.
- Champion the company brand communication initiatives by ensuring that the key activities, initiatives and programs of principal officers consistently reinforce and Renew Broron Telecom and the Group’s corporate brand value and identity.
- Review and authorize key expenditure/transactions in line with approved authority Limits.
- Receive and review periodic financial and non-financial reports to effectively monitor and steer the activities of the company towards the achievement of its Strategic goals and objectives.
- Identify and evaluate business expansion and improvement opportunities and Ensure the development of required plans to harness identified opportunities.
- Oversee risk management and policies and practices to ensure business continuity and the achievement of key business objectives.
- Monitor and ensure the timely implementation of Board and shareholder decisions And recommended action steps.
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry, local and global developments, trends and events to ensure that the company is able to maintain and sharpen its competitive Positioning and advantage.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the organization and convening of the company’s General Meetings.
Skills and Competencies
- In-depth understanding of the Telecommunication industry, including players, Key trends and growth drivers.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of relevant local regulations guiding the provision of engineering and Telecom management and related services to Telecommunication companies.
- Understanding and awareness of critical success factors for operations within the Telecommunication industry.
- Appreciable knowledge of the Nigerian economic environment.
- Knowledge of all functional areas of the business and their fit with the overall Objective of the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and approach issues from a holistic perspective.
- Ability to formulate and or champion ideas and concepts to improve business Performance in order to achieve its set objectives.
- Appreciation of leading practices and trends in risk management.
- Appreciation of strategic planning and performance measurement tools and Techniques.
- Excellent business acumen i.e. financial and commercial knowledge.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent resource management skills.
- Excellent presentation, communication/ facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent people management, mentoring/ coaching and leadership skills.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- Substantial prior experience in managed services, telecommunications
- An orientation toward marketing, with the ability to define new products and proactively drive them into the market, is essential
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to achieve the expected levels of business performance and create a platform for rapid future growth.
- Tertiary technical, engineering and/or information systems qualification, and preferably a postgraduate business qualification.
- Sound working knowledge of Telcom / Hosting / Shared Services type solutions is essential.