The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an Institution established under the provisions of Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the National Audit Act, 2008. The main function of the OAG is to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and of all public offices or bodies and/or organizations established by an Act of Parliament.
Pursuant to chapter 1, section L – a of the Government Standing Orders as well as section 2 of the Pensions Act, Chapter 286 (Laws of Uganda), the OAG was recognized by the Pensions Authority as “Other Public Service” w.e.f. 4th October 2008.
Our vision is To be an effective and efficient Supreme Audit Institution in promoting Public Accountability”.
Our Mission is To audit and report to the Public and thereby make an effective contribution to improving public accountability and value for money spent”.
In line with its constitutional mandate, Vision and Mission,
the OAG wishes to strengthen its human resource capacity
by recruiting dynamic and self motivated individuals to
complement its current staff in the execution of its core
functions and responsibilities as the Supreme Audit
Institution of Uganda.
Accordingly, the OAG now invites-applications from competent and suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant positions:
JOB TITLE: IT Officer (2 Vacancies)
REPORTS TO: Senior IT Officer
SALARY SCALE: U4
JOB REF: ADM, 56/136/01 Vol.3 (06/11)
TERMS OF SERVICE: Permanent terms.
AGE: 21 Years and above
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior IT Officer for performing the following duties:
1. Configuring and maintaining the organization’s Local Area Network/Wide Area Network [LAN/WAN], Servers, storage, firewalls and routers.
2. Monitoring all Transmission Control Protocol/Internet I Protocol [TCP/IP] networking protocols and non-TCP/IP networking protocols.
3. Maintaining of all OAG IT equipments at Head Office and branches
4. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
How to apply
Applications must be accompanied by:
• A detailed typed curriculum vitae which clearly supports the competencies required above.
• Certified Copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
• Names of three (3) referees and their contacts.
• A recent passport size photograph.
• All applications should be submitted on Public Service Form 3 (revised 2008) obtained from Public Service Commission offices, Ministry/Department headquarters and District Service Commission offices.
• Applications through Post Office should be by registered mail
• To reach not later than 25th July 2011 before 04.00pm.
• Applications received shall be acknowledged by this office.
• All serving officers should channel their applications through their Heads of Department.
• Late submissions shall not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Auditor General
P. 0. Box 7083, KAMPALA