Lafarge Cement is a multinational and leading player in the building industry an is looking for experienced, intelligent and highly motivated individuals to fill the following position: Production Coordinator and Quarry Manager.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR LCW-LKB-PC
• The Production Coordinator objective is to organize and coordinate production team to produce good quality product taking cognizance of safety, efficiency, effectiveness, quality and cost per tonne.
• Production coordinator is responsible for the operation of his line of production department.
• B.Sc/HND in engineering (with mechanical, chemical, Chemistry, Physics or electrical engineering as main subjects).
• 7 to 10 years cement industry experience.
• Good team player and self motivated
• Complete working knowledge of cement production process and equipments as well as company quality control requirements.
• Good planning skills
• Able to take initiative based on sound problem solving skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills via work ethics, ability to delegate and motivate, fairness, must be hands-on etc.
• Computer literate (Excel, word, power point, Lotus note).
• Very good written and verbal communications skills.
QUARRY MANAGER LCW-LKB-CR QM
• To organize and coordinate quarrying activities for the exploitation and supply of basic raw materials (limestone, shale and red alluvium) in the right quality and Quantity which meet the Plant’s need for the production of 2 million tonnes of cement per annum
• B .Sc/HND in Mining Engineering, Geology or a subject related to mining
• 5 – 8 years experience in quarry management
• Good team player, hands-on and self motivated
• Good knowledge of quarry operations, drilling and blasting, crushing, overburden removal, dewatering, loading and haulage etc.
• Good knowledge of raw mix design
• Good knowledge of Nigerian and International Mine Safety law and regulations
• Able to take initiative based on sound and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate leadership skills via work ethics, ability to delegate and motivate, fairness
• Very good writing and verbal communication skills
• Commitment the highest standards of safe work habits
• Good planning skills
• Computer literate (Excel, Word, AutoCAD, PowerPoint, Lotus Note)
Deadline is 3rd December, 2009.